Staying in a host family is the best way to get to know French culture and to practice your French. We carefully choose all our host families to ensure that you will be well looked after.
We have many different types of host families. They may be single parents and children, a couple or a single parent who takes in students because he or she enjoys the company. You will encounter a warm friendly atmosphere where only French is spoken There may also be other students in the house, so you will also enjoy their company.
Students are lodged in single or double rooms. Weekly laundry and cleaning is included. You will have your own keys to come and go as you wish, but you will have to respect a schedule, especially for mealtimes, and some basic rules.
Please remember that the host family accommodation may not be luxurious but the family will be hospitable and you will be well looked after. If you have any problems please do not hesitate to talk to us, as other arrangements will always be possible.
- Accommodation is half board, you will eat breakfast and dinner together with the host family.
- We regularly visit our families to check they are an appropriate standard.
- The rooms all have a bed, a desk, a chair, a wardrobe and a window.
If you have an allergy, any dietary requirements or are a non-smoker, please inform us when you enroll.
- Accommodation is available from the Sunday before the course starts until the Saturday following the end of the course. Other arrangements can be made separately by the student and the host family.
- All our host families live in Nice, usually in the centre of town close to our school. In the summer, high demand means it is possible that some families will be further away from our school, up to 30 minutes away by bus or tram.
- If requested, students can be met at the train station or airport. This service is available until 9pm, if students are arriving after this a shuttle bus service is available.
- Please inform the host family of your arrival information at least a week before arrival.