Located at the center of Montreal, the Academie Linguistique Internationale (ALI) opened its door in 1993 and welcomes nowadays more than 2000 students per year, coming from all over the globe. Our communicative approach and the personalized attention we give to each student, as well as the very high quality of our teaching has allowed us to distinguish ourselves from other schools and to maintain a very high satisfaction rate year after year.
A local family business, the Academie has an excellent reputation both in Canada and internationally, which allows it to have a very big variety in its student population. As a matter of fact, 25% of ALI’s students are Canadian and 75% come from various countries such as Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, Italy, Japan, etc.
Why choose ALI?
1) Variety of academic programs and accreditations
- A.L.I. is an accredited test center for the Cambridge exams (BEC, FCE) and for TOEIC
- We offer various English programs such as : University and College Preparation (UCP), Preparation classes for TOEIC, TOEFL, TKT, BEC, IELTS and more
- Our internship and work experience programs will help you reinforce your language abilities while acquiring professional experience.
2) Excellent support from a multidisciplinary and multilingual team.
Our team includes:
- a program coordinator and a counselling team to offer personalized support to our students in their academic path.
- an activity coordinator
- an accommodation coordinator (homestay and residence)
- an immigration consultant to help with CAQ, visa and permit inquiries.
3) Free extra classes
- 5 hours of homework help per week
- 2 hours of group tutoring for survival french or english
4) Modern and welcoming facilities located downtown Montreal
- A.L.I is a five minute walk from both main subway lines
5) An yearly calendar of afterschool activities and events organized by our coordinator
- Our students tend to improve very quickly thanks to the numerous activities that they participate in. ALI teachers also join, allowing the students to have more time with native speakers.