This specialist course will give you the edge in winning a place on a Masters at a leading US university. It will prepare you fully for graduate level study, combining English with academic study skills.
Test Preparation and our unique 'Profile Builder' program are also included.
Core skills development:
- Academic writing
- Academic reading
- Presentations and seminar skills
- Listening and academic discourse
On average, students progress by approximately 10–15 points on the TOEFL iBT range each term. Fast learners may progress at a quicker rate. If you proceed slower than the average rate, you can easily follow an additional term until you achieve the required level.
- English language proficiency level appropriate for graduate studies
- Time management, organizational, and coping skills for independent learning
- Ability to synthesize information and relate it to personal experiences and perspectives
- Experience creating original, well-supported theses that expand upon existing information
- Sophisticated reading skills, such as skimming for themes and targeted reading for details
- Expanded knowledge in specific field of interest, including research topics and vocabulary
- Interpersonal skills necessary to build relationships with student peers and faculty
The Graduate Preparation Program offers an integrated approach for developing the essential skills needed for graduate level studies in a US university. Key academic skills, including reading academic texts, graduate level writing, study skills, and research techniques. Students are exposed to authentic content from a variety of fields and are given the opportunity to further explore topics in their specific subject of study. Students work on a research project that relates to their chosen field of study.
Course length: 1–6 terms.
Tuition: 25+ hours per week plus 12–15 hours of independent coursework.
Academic: Completed undergraduate degree with documented proof of good grades. Statement of Purpose. Minimum GPA 2.5
English: Minimum TOEFL iBT 0 (beginner).