Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
The London School of English Holland Park Gardens is an elite school in the heart of the fashionable Holland Park district in London.
Holland Park Gardens centre is a beautiful traditional building located in one of the best residential areas in London.
Founded in 1912, it is the oldest officially-recognised English language school in the world with two buildings, both in excellent residential districts in London.
Students here are a little older than in many schools – your guarantee of a serious, useful course, and ideal for someone learning for Higher Education or for their career.
The main advantages of The London School of English Holland Park Gardens are:
- central location (just 15 minutes from the city centre);
- a wide range of professional courses focused on individual industries;
- small group sizes;
- clients are all mature, professional adults so you can be sure to find yourself studying with like-minded people from around the world;
- еxcellent local facilities including good shops, bars and restaurants;
What is more, students of The London School of English have access to free on-line learning from the date of enrolment until 3 months after their course finishes and regular networking sessions in the school.
School closed: December 23, 2019 - January 3, 2020, April 10-13, May 8, May 25, August 31, December 21 - January 1, 2021.
This course is exclusively for participants aged 30 and over, with an average age of around 40. Learning with like-minded people from all over the world will help you lose any inhibitions you may have about being ‘too old’ to learn English. Our participants typically come from a range of professional and non-professional backgrounds.
At the end of this English course for adults you can expect to:
- Be able to speak more confidently;
- Be able to communicate more accurately;
- Be able to better understand current affairs and media;
- Be able to use English more effectively for work or travel;
- Be able to deal with everyday situations like meeting people or booking a hotel.
This Business English course is a two-week course for young professionals who want to stand out in the modern workplace. You will focus on developing your language and professional skills to help you further your career. A key part of the course is critical thinking and soft skills, and it includes training for the challenging situations people face in an international business environment.
During your course you can expect to cover the following areas:
- Intercultural Communication
- Soft skills e.g. giving and receiving feedback, persuading
- Meetings and negotiations
- Applying for work – interviewing and CVs
- Presentations and pitching
- English for online communication e.g. working remotely, social media
- Writing for business e.g. emails, reports, evaluations and briefs
- Vocabulary for business
- Critical thinking
- Functional grammar, e.g. hedging, emphasizing, paraphrasing
- Context-based learning, based on real-world scenarios and contexts
- Project work with experienced professionals
Course start dates: 20/1, 17/2, 23/3, 20/4, 25/5, 29/6, 13/7, 27/7, 24/8, 14/9, 5/10, 9/11, 30/11
This 1-week course is for qualified, experienced lawyers, who have a reasonably confident command of English. Typically, course participants need to develop their oral and written skills to communicate complex legal ideas and concepts to partners, clients and colleagues in a variety of formal and less formal contexts including meetings, negotiations, and networking events.
Legal English 30+ covers a range of legal topics with a focus on case studies, negotiations, contract drafting and litigation. You will improve your ability to communicate legal language more effectively and also cover the language skills you need to interact confidently in a wide range of formal and informal situations.
Starting dates in 2020: 20/1, 16/3, 15/6, 13/7, 7/9, 2/11
The school must confirm the availability of your chosen accommodation.
If the selected housing is not available for your dates, the school will offer another accommodation option for you to consider.
I don't need housing
We strongly recommend you to book your flight only after your participation in a course and visa are confirmed.
15 Holland Park Gardens, London, W14 8DZ , London
4.9 out of 5
High level of training, friendly staff and atmosphere. The course is serious and very helpful because it covers a great deal of areas of law and topics. I attended Legal English course 20-30 and I strongly recommend this course!!
I have attended the London School of English for an Intensive General English course and I absolutely recommend this school to others. All the staff are efficient and very friendly. The quality of teaching is amazing. We have had a lot of teaching material very helpful for us.
Short but intensive one week experience in London! Taylor-made one to one sessions very efficient to improve my general English. Everything is well organised, from registration to on-site experience, the atmosphere is very friendly and the social programme allows to better know other students. I hiRead more
Pay a deposit to reserve your spot
You have three days to cancel your booking with no fees if case you change your mind.
You have until 02/03/2020 to pay the remaining balance
Full cost of the course after prepayment deduction must be paid no later than four weeks before the start of the course.