What makes International House Bangkok special?
- That we are centrally located in downtown Bangkok and close to the BTS Skytrain and MRT, making getting to us quick and easy?
- That we are externally assessed every two years to ensure that International House’s reputation for quality is always guaranteed?
- That we are truly international, with students from many nationalities and backgrounds benefitting from our expertise?
Whilst this is all true, what really makes us special is:
- The quality of our teacher training, with the International House Worldwide - - Organisation training 3,000 of the 10,000 CELTA trainees every year.
- The quality of our teachers. After all, we train the best and so, employ the best of them.
- That with teacher trainers always available, our teachers never stop learning, meaning that neither do you.
Our main Thailand school is located in the lively surroundings of Sukhumvit road in the heart of Bangkok. There are many restaurants, bars, and malls all within walking distance. As soon as you exit our building, you are in the middle of one of the most exciting cities in the world. We are only a 4 minute walk from the BTS Skytrain and an 8 minute walk from the MRT underground.
Bangkok is unlike anywhere on earth! Take a canal boat through the sleepy sprawl on the west bank of the river and you’ll still find poignant reminders of the vanished “Venice of the East”. Take a sincere interest in the people and you’ll find that most Thais are gentle, considerate, humorous and inexhaustibly patient. You will soon find yourself joining the many who have already fallen for Bangkok’s attractions.
There can be few cities of its size where you can feel so safe: for a city of at least 10 million people, street crime is still extraordinarily rare.
In Bangkok, eating well is an obsession and it’s no exaggeration to say there are restaurants on every corner and they are cheap to eat at. Nightlife in Bangkok starts late and finishes later. There are bars and clubs to suit every taste from tango to techno, trampling over jazz, blues, dance and heavy metal. Bangkokians are also movie-crazy! There are 50 cinema screens within a 5 minute BTS ride of our office!
Apart from dancing, there are other ways to use your energy: swimming pools, sports and fitness centres, an ice rink, and the opportunity to practise martial arts. However, shopping is the national pastime. There are countless palatial shopping malls to tempt the fashion-conscious and several huge markets for those in search of atmosphere and bargains.