- Develop a solid foundation in customer service skills and prepare for entry into the hospitality, tourism and travel industries.
- Learn how to effectively build your product and service knowledge in order to provide relevant information to customers.
- Programs taught by industry professionals and highly-qualified instructors.
This program will prepare you for success in workplaces driven by customer relationships, providing a pathway to work in organizations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafes, coffee shops and retail stores. With this qualification, students will be able to specialize in areas such as accommodation services, food and beverage and retail, or put their diverse skills to support the needs of small businesses. Students will learn effective communication skills, how to manage conflict and handle customer complaints, how to work in a team, and how to build product and service knowledge in order to provide relevant information to customers.
- Students who are interested in attending Greystone College must have a secondary school diploma or equivalent (accepted secondary school diplomas must be from Canada or the USA); or be at least 18 years of age, and pass a superintendent approved qualifying test.
- International students must demonstrate a Beginner 4 level of English with Greystone's online written test and interview. The online written test is exempt if CLB 4, IELTS 4 or ILSC Beginner 4 is presented.
- If an applicant fails to meet the minimum requirements, they cannot be waived by either the institution or the student.
Materials fees are included. Start Dates:
2018: Aug 7, Sep 4, Oct 1, Oct 29, Nov 26
2019: Jan 02, Jan 28, Feb 25, Mar 25, Apr 22, May 21, Jun 17, Jul 15, Aug 12, Sep 9, Oct 7, Nov 4, Dec 2