General English, IELTS and TOEFL preparation on Skype with Anastasia
Get ready for your GMAT, GRE and SAT with Michael
General and Business English, IELTS and TOEFL preparation Skype lessons with Xenia
Skype classes for kids with Xenia
Get ready for your GMAT with Dmitry
TOEFL preparation classes with Jonathan
Improve your pronunciation and learn business English with Joe
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
International House London is a prestigious 9-floor language school in central London, existing since 1959. IH teaches English and prepares students for IELTS, CAMBRIDGE and OET exams from more than 100 countries, and also trains teachers and employees of organizations. Only 5% of school students are Russian-speaking.
International House London is one of the largest and most prestigious language centers in London, located in the heart of the capital - Covent Garden. In 2018 the expert company of the British Council awarded the school with one of the best ratings, putting it in the top 1% of UK language schools.
Today IH London is:
1. One of the largest IELTS test providers in Europe;
2. The world's largest provider of qualification CELTA for teachers (CELTA was established at International House London);
3. The center for learning business and specialized English for employees of corporate organizations;
4. Center for the training of children from the age of 8 (summer camps are located throughout the UK from Oxford to Edinburgh)
Today the school occupies 9 floors and has 53 classrooms, each of them equipped with air conditioning and an interactive whiteboard. The school also has a modern cafe.
International House London is a non-profit organization that was established in 1959. It reinvests all of her funds into her premises and staff, as well as funding scholarships and projects around the world.
IH London is proud of its teachers: many teachers are not only experienced specialists in English, but they also teach other native teachers as well as teachers from around the world. In addition, many IH teachers themselves compiled and published various textbooks (Cutting Edge, English Unlimited, Headway), dictionaries and reference books.
There are no classes on public holidays: 01 January, 10 April, 13 April, 08 May, 25 May, 31 August, 25 December 2020.
There will be no classes from Monday 23 December 2019. The School will reopen on 6th January 2020.
This course takes place in IH London executive center. Former clients of the executive center include ex-minister of Finance of Russian Federation, players and coach of a famous London football club as well as owners of multinational corporations.
This programme is ideal for highly motivated professionals who want to make fast progress and improve their English communication skills and vocabulary that they use in the workplace.
With an average learning group size of four, the course syllabus is tailor-made to ensure goals of each student are met. This prorgramme also offers and opportunity to network with fellow professionals from all around the world.
Clients will learn how to use English for:
- Meetings and discussions;
- Formal phone and online communications;
- Business networking and socializing;
- Giving presentations and keynote speeches.
On top of tuition, each student will benefit from:
- Free networking lunch with other students of IH London Executive center every Monday;
-access to an online course for three months after the completion of the programme
- Free guided tours around London led by professors;
- Access to the rooftop;
- Complimentary coffee and tea and refreshments;
- Use of executive lounge, computers and mini library.
Maximum students per class: 6
Average number of students per class: 3-4
Minimum level of English required: A2
Average age of student: 35
This course is designed to build student's confidence and ability in the four language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. Students will develop the use of grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. Teachers use communicative approach whereby students are encouraged to communicate in pairs, groups or directly with the teacher at all times. Teachers adapt the lessons to the needs of the class and supplement the use of textbooks with authentic materials such as digital resources and news articles.
25 lessons per week: students study General English from 9:00-12:00 and choose extra two hours of focus classes per day from 13:15-15:15. Topics could include: Everyday English, Communication and Media, English for Exams, Research and Debate, Academic English.
You will be placed in an online class with people of a similar language level as you. The course is perfect for those who need expert language tuition wherever they are in the world.
You will be able to:
- Communicate more fluently
- Develop your grammar and vocabulary
- Improve your accuracy
- Feel more confident in English-speaking environments and when interacting with other English speakers
- 15 live online group lessons with your teacher in a virtual classroom
- Lessons include group project work and online guided self-study to provide variety
- Use a wide range of motivating materials, including digital resources and coursebooks via our online platform.
- Teachers adapt the course for the needs and level of each class.
- Regular targeted support from your teacher helps you to achieve your learning goals.
UK local time (GMT)
GE15 09:00 – 12:00
GE20 09:00 – 12:00
13:00 – 14:00
Why choose IH?
- Book 4 weeks of GE20 and you will receive a free online LanguageCert speaking exam.
- Free weekly social activities for all online students (Conversation club, online - Film Club, Book Club, Online Karaoke and more!)
- Weekly tutorials with your teacher to ensure your progress is on track
- Access to online self-study material
- Access to our online student community and portal
The school must confirm the availability of your chosen accommodation.
If the selected housing is not available for your dates, the school will offer another accommodation option for you to consider.
I don't need housing
We strongly recommend you to book your flight only after your participation in a course and visa are confirmed.
16 Stukeley Street London WC2B 5LQ, London
4.3 out of 5
The residence from the school was comfortable enough, it was all necessary. But the only time I just moved in was when I had to clean up. And so everything is fine! In two weeks I had four new teachers, but that's okay. A lot of attention is paid to spoken English. Excellent method of teaching and iRead more
In terms of activities, it was not very nice, there was no welcome party. There was a free social class, I liked it very much. Also the learning process itself, interior, teachers. The teacher who led the business English was very cool. My English level has not changed much during this time.
Two weeks, of course, is not enough. But it was very interesting and fun. You could even take intensively for the whole day. The teachers are wonderful! I am very pleased with the training at this school! London is a beautiful city :) Thank you all very much for organizing my trip!
Pay a deposit to reserve your spot
You have three days to cancel your booking with no fees if case you change your mind.
Pay the remaining cost immediately
Full cost of the course after prepayment deduction must be paid no later than for weeks before the start of the course.School returns money in case of visa rejection.