Join the fun and excitement in discovering the English language through our Junior Learner Programme on the south coast of England. This programme has been specifically designed for young learners from the age of 9. The age limit to enrol is 17.
This “learning holiday” is extremely popular and has proven an ideal experience for young students who want to learn the English language and culture, meet other international young students and enjoy a unique immersion in English and culture.
We run our Summer Junior Learner Programme from 19th June to 01st September 2017.
You can join the course on any Monday while the programme is running.
Great teaching in an inspirational environment
Join the fun and excitement of discovering the English language through our Young Learner Leisure Programme on the South coast of England, Portsmouth U.K. This package is aimed flexibly at 9–17 year-olds.
Key Features of the Junior Learner Programme:
- 15 hours of lessons per week, 9 am to 12.15 pm Monday to Friday.
- English is the language of communication in class and outside of it.
- Each week is topic based and is designed as a complete short course.
- During the week you will work on a project that you can take home and show to your parents and friends.
- In the afternoons, there are social activities which include day trips, excursions, local visits, sports and workshops.
- Every Saturday there is a full day excursion to London, Brighton, Bath, Oxford or Cambridge.
- At the end of the course all our students receive certificates.
- Progress reports are available to students and their parents upon request.
- Newsletter for the parents at the end of every week to tell you what our Junior Learners have done during the week, the projects they have completed and the activities they have participated in.
- Appropriate supervision for junior learners: students under the age of 15 are dropped off at the school in the mornings and picked up in the afternoons by the host families.
During the course you will:
- Improve your grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Practise reading, writing, listening and speaking in English
- Use English for communication with the teachers, other students and the Host Family
- See and explore Portsmouth and its sights
- Visit several cities in the UK
- Have lots of fun and make new friends!
- Our graduation ceremony includes group presentations, awards and certificates given to all students and are attended by the Director of School.
Our Junior Learner Programme is an ALL-INCLUSIVE package and consists of:
15h per week General English, Monday to Friday, 9 am - 12.15 pm. We provide study materials.
Full board shared accommodation: breakfast, packed lunch weekdays and Saturdays and evening meal every night, lunch with the family on Sunday. Single room on request.
- Afternoon activities
Afternoon activities with an activities coordinator from 1.15 to 4 pm. For example: a guided-tour around the City of Portsmouth, the Spinnaker Tower, the Historic Dockyard, cinema, bowling, a visit to Southsea Castle, Charles Dickens Birthplace Museum, roller skating, bowling, sports activities. Every week there is also at least one half-day excursion to Chichester, Winchester, the Isle of Wight, the New Forest, etc.
- Saturday excursions
Saturday excursions, from 9 am to 5 pm: London, Brighton, Oxford, Arundel, Bath, etc.
Accompanied return airport transfer.