Maximum class size: 12
Start dates: Every Monday
UK universities require international students to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) and achieve a certain band score. It is regarded as a reliable means of assessment to show the language ability of those students intending to study or work in places where English is the main language of communication.
Students at PELS can study both General and Academic IELTS. We have a fast track IELTS course for high-ability students too.
Our IELTS Success is based on:
- Friendly classes
- High quality teaching methods
- Dedicated teachers
- Strong course syllabus and content
- Continual assessment and support
You will learn to:
- Produce academic writing (task 1 & 2) essays including the description of bar charts, pie charts and tables; the 'for' and against' essay; describing trends; and the 'agree or disagree' essay.
- Perform academic listening tasks to practise form and note completion; multiple choice and short answer questions; note completion; classification; table and summary completion and labelling a diagram.
- Perform academic reading tasks with a focus on short answer questions; classification; true/false/not given; matching information to sections of text; table and sentence completion; multiple choice questions; and summary completion.
- Practise speaking tasks including introduction and interview, the individual long turn and a two way discussion.
- Perform practise tests under examination conditions.
Our students have gone on to study at universities in the UK, the USA and Australia. All students are pleased to recommend the IELTS preparation at our school thanks to the dedicated teachers and the good results.
The nearest IELTS test centre is located 300 metres from our school.