THE 2017 YOUNG INNOVATOR DELEGATION (CRIMSON EDUCATION)
- Are you set on kick-starting your English-language career through a hands-on immersion experience in Silicon Valley amongst the world’s greatest entrepreneurs?
- Are you a high school or university student (aged 14 or older)?
- Are you interested in studying overseas, including the United States and United Kingdom?
If so, we welcome you to Crimson’s 2017 Young Innovator Delegation!
Our team has carefully designed this tour to kick-start you on your entrepreneurial and educational language journey in the beautiful state of California. As part of our Delegation, you will:
1. Attend the F8 2017 Facebook Developer Conference, featuring a keynote speech by Mark Zuckerberg himself
2. Tour the headquarters of Silicon Valley’s most successful tech companies (including Google, Facebook, and SpaceX)
3. Visit the world's most prestigious universities and experience them first hand — including buddying up with current university students to observe classes and campus activities
4. Participate in an intensive programming bootcamp and Hackathon at Stanford
Read on to learn more about the itinerary and different program components! We look forward to bringing you on this once-in-a-lifetime journey.
ITINERARY FOR 2017:
April 12th - Arrive in Los Angeles. Getty Centre
April 13th - CalTech, Harvey Mudd, USC and UCLA Tour
April 14th - Fly to San Francisco. Stanford and UC Berkeley Tour
April 15th - Visit Facebook and Google. Tech Museum of Innovation
April 16th - SpaceX, Glassdoor and Eventbrite Tour. Alcatraz Island
April 17th - F8 Facebook Developer Conference
April 18th - F8 Facebook Developer Conference
April 19th - Crimson Code Academy and Hackathon at Stanford
April 20th - Crimson Code Academy and Hackathon at Stanford
April 21st - Crimson Code Academy and Hackathon at Stanford
FACEBOOK F8 ANNUAL DEVELOPER CONFERENCE
Facebook F8 is an annual conference held in San Francisco by Facebook, intended for developers and entrepreneurs who build products and services around the website. This event has always started with a keynote speech by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, followed by various workshops and/or sessions concentrating on specific topics.
VISITING THE GOOGLE, FACEBOOK, SPACEX AND OTHER HEADQUARTERS
A highlight of the Crimson Innovation Delegation is visiting the Headquarters of some of the world’s leading Tech companies. This is your unique opportunity to see the physical spaces in which the world’s biggest technological changes are born, and to meet the people who build the apps and platforms that you use everyday.
ELITE UNIVERSITY TOURS
Not only will you immerse yourself in the world of tech and innovation, but you will also get the chance to explore several top US Universities to get a feel for the academic environment and the opportunities that arise from studying at the world’s best institutions. You will have the opportunity to meet with international students who gained admission to the universities to inspire you to dream big, aim high and build confidence moving forward.
CRIMSON HACKATHON AT STANFORD
The Crimson Hackathon is a 3 day collaborative computer programming workshop where students build an app in much the same way that many of the world’s now leading apps were first developed. Guided by our specialist software engineers at Crimson, you will learn exactly what it takes to build an app from scratch. Tailored to all skill levels, this event will have you actually build the software itself. From Graphics to UX, from back-end to front, you will live the start-up life for these three days!