On the General English course, students will:
• Increase their ability to communicate in everyday situations in English.
• Learn new vocabulary.
• Improve understanding of English grammar and tenses.
• Get lots of practice by using everyday ‘functional’ English.
• Develop the core language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
• Receive regular assessments to ensure improvement throughout the course.
• Meet people from other countries and cultures.
• Make real progress and have a lot of fun!
• Learn English from qualified, experienced teachers.
• Practise listening to and speaking with native English speakers.
• Increase ability to understand and be understood.
• Use real English in everyday situations with confidence and improve language fluency.
• Develop an individual learning plan (ILP) to match specific needs.
• Get a certificate showing the level of language achieved and overall ability.
Individuals or groups over 16 years of age who wish to improve their English for work, studies or travel. All levels of ability from A1 to C2 (CEFR scale). The programme is available for 15, 19 or 23 hours per week for any number of weeks beginning any Monday (except public holidays). Average class size is 6 students; maximum class size is 12 students. General English can be
taken in combination with other courses; for example, 15 hours of General English per week with 8 hours of Exam Preparation.