The Idex programs in Thailand continue to follow our ethos of “Travel that Matters” and provide an opportunity to the travellers to have a safe, enjoyable experience that leaves them more developed than they were before the start of a trip. The way this program is designed, and delivered, leaves the travellers as well as the local communities enriched with each other’s presence.
The volunteers in the Thailand Volunteer program can make a significant contribution to people of Thailand through their energetic involvement. The people in the Thai community return this contribution of the volunteers by opening their lives, institutions and hearts to international volunteers which eventually leads to the growth, development and maturing of the volunteers.
All this is managed through the well tested and established processes of Idex to ensure that the interactions and activities are responsible towards benefit of local communities, volunteers and local institutions.
Idex has been offering volunteer and travel experiences to international volunteers for over a decade in India & Nepal. Building on our diverse experience, having provided placements, travels and learning opportunities for many volunteers since the start of the programs, we have now taken our successful approach and extended it to another appealing and thrilling destination: Thailand.
Chiang Mai literally means “new city” and has retained the name despite celebrating its 700th anniversary in 1996.
Chiang Mai is one of the few places in Thailand where it is possible to experience both historical and modern Thai culture coexisting side by side: the city features centuries-old pagodas and temples next to modern convenience stores and boutique hotels.
The following services are offered as part of the overall experience in the program. The schedule of some activities may change due to local exigencies. Additional services are available on the Volunteer + travel program.
1. Airport arrival pickup, within the prescribed window from 10 AM on Day 1 of the program until 6 AM on Day 2 of the program.
2. Overnight accommodation post arrival pick up.
3. Accommodation throughout the program at an IDEX accommodation facility with upto 4 participants per room with same gender and en-suite facilities.
4. A thorough orientation up arrival on various matters related to information about the program as well as about volunteering.
5. 3 meals per day as per local cuisine (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the entire duration of the program. For exact meal plan, please refer to the day to day meal plan.
6. Cultural workshops and activities during the first 2 weeks of the program ( subject to schedule changes) on
a. Local cooking demonstration.
b. Evening dinner and interaction with a local family.
7. Presence of a dedicated program coordinator at accommodation to support, resolve issues and help with regular enquiries.
8. Presence and support on site by an English speaking translator and helper to ensure that work can be carried out effectively by the volunteers on a daily basis.
9. Every day transportation from accommodation to project and back.
10. Best available internet facility in the area, free of cost.
11. Extensive pre-departure information, post-arrival printed material, regular training and support by IDEX for preparing the participants for their experience.
Additional services for Volunteer and Travel program participants:
1. 1 night, 2 days excursion to Chiang Rai.
2. Day trips to Lampang and WatPhra (1 each).
1. Any air fares.
2. Visa fee.
3. Travel Insurance.
5. Meals not mentioned in the sample itinerary.