THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• Full board accommodation:
River apartments: ensuite accommodation, single and a few twin rooms in 5 & 6 bedded apartments with shared living area
• 15 hours of English language tuition per week
• Alternate weekly morning and afternoon classes
• Interactive and communicative learning materials
• Graded certificate and end of course report
• 1 half day workshop per week including drama and Irish sports
• One 3 hour World of Work lecture/workshop per week
• Organised afternoon sports activities
• One half-day cultural visit per week with entrance fee
• Three Dublin City transfers by coach per 2 week stay with entrance fee
• Two full day excursions by coach per 2 week stay including 1 trip to
• Galway and Cliffs of Moher with late return after dinner in Galway
• Evening programme including discos, films, karaoke, Irish night and
Lessons will take place IN THE CAMPUS OF Maynooth University.
Each lesson is 100 minutes in duration and the standard two week programme for junior students in Maynooth provides them with 30 hours of General English.
Students will have two lessons per day with two different teachers, Students enjoy experiencing the teaching techniques and methods of two teachers during their course.
Lessons are delivered using the communicative approach and provide and interactive and engaging learning experience for all students. Lessons have also been developed using the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Language levels from A1 (Elementary) to Cl (Advanced).
Lessons are designed specifically for different age groups. Teachers will design lessons based on the interests of the students and each lesson will have a particular focus on communication skills. Students take regular tests in order for teachers to monitor progress and ensure students are learning during lessons.
The course is designed to develop students English language skills by integrating the key areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening.