THE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• Full board accommodation in single rooms
• 15 hours of General English in the mornings plus 5 hours over 2 afternoons per week of 'World of Work'
• Alternate weekly morning and afternoon classes
• Interactive and communicative learning materials
• Graded certificate and end of course report
• Organised afternoon sports activities
• Two half-day visits including entrance by private coach per week which may include:
-Cliffs of Moher
• One full-day by coach per week with excursion fee including 1 Dublin trip with late return, other full day trips may include:
-Blarney Castle & Cork
-Galway City & Connemara
• Evening programme including discos, films, karaoke, Irish night and other activities
Lessons will take place on campus at the University of Limerick.
COURSE OF GENERAL ENGLISH + WORLD OF WORK:
Each lesson is 100 minutes in duration and the standard two week programme for junior students in University Limerick provides them with 30 hours of General English and 10 hours of World of Work classes.
Students will have two lessons of General English per day with two different teachers in the morning and two lessons of 2 and a half hours each per week of World of Work, a total of 40 hours tuition in two weeks. Hours completed will be included in the final certificate.
Lessons are delivered using the communicative approach and provide and interactive and engaging learning experience for all students. Lessons have also been developed using the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Language levels fromAI (Elementary) to Cl (Advanced).
Lessons are designed specifically for different age groups. Teachers will design lessons based on the interests of the students and each lesson will have a particular focus on communication skills. Students take regular tests in order for teachers to monitor progress and ensure students are learning during lessons.
The course is designed to develop students English language skills by integrating the key areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening.