THE PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
• Residential: Full board accommodation in twin rooms with shared bathrooms.
• Host Family: Full board accommodation with carefully selected family (packed lunch provided by family)
• Two students of the same group per family
• 15 hours of English language tuition per week
• Interactive and communicative learning materials
• Graded certificate and end of course report
• Two half day visits per week with entrance fee and transport
• Three half-day activities per week including Arts & Crafts / Cookery or Tennis classes
• One full day excursion by coach per week including entrance fee and transport
• Residential evening programme including discos, films, karaoke, Irish night and other activities
• Host Family students have two evening activities per week.
Each lesson is 100 minutes in duration and the standard two week programme for junior students in Kilkenny College provides them with 30 hours of General English.
Students will have two lessons per day with two different teachers. Students enjoy experiencing the teaching techniques and methods of two teachers during their course.
Lessons are delivered using the communicative approach and provide and interactive and engaging learning experience for all students. Lessons have also been developed using the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Language levels fromAI (Elementary) to Cl (Advanced).
Lessons are designed specifically for different age groups. Teachers will design lessons based on the interests of the students and each lesson will have a particular focus on communication skills. Students take regular tests in order for teachers to monitor progress and ensure students are learning during lessons.