Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Make New York’s most famous park your classroom and experience the city that never sleeps from the heart of Manhattan!
Few places in New York are as iconic and beloved as Central Park, so what better place to immerse yourself in US culture than Kaplan International English - New York Central Park school just minutes away from this spectacular location? Enjoy the urban adventure of New York from the beating heart of the city and make Central Park your own personal garden from which to learn English. Equipped with state-of-the-art academic technology, Kaplan’s brand new Central Park English school has everything you need for an unforgettable English language learning experience.
Reasons to choose Kaplan International English - New York Central Park:
- Located in Midtown Manhattan next to Central Park and minutes away from Times Square, the Rockefeller Center and Museum of Modern Art;
- A new school with state of the art facilities. Easy access to all of New York and next to one of the largest subway centers;
- Variety of daily activities organized by the school including Broadway plays, museum trips and sporting events;
- University Placement Services are available;
- Real Life English courses in theatre and leadership for a hands-on/practical approach to improving English skills. Career development workshops offered by former senior business professionals.
Kaplan International English - New York Central Park offers students the number of facilities to make the learning process more efficient: Elevator, air conditioning, heating, Wi‑Fi (free), computer lab/multimedia center, student lounge/common room.
Public holidays in 2019 (no lessons): 01.01, 21.01, 27.05, 04.07, 02.09, 28.11, 29.11, 23.12 - 29.12.
General English courses are designed to improve your English language skills and give you more professional and academic options in the future. As well as taking lessons, you will have plenty of time to sight-see and explore your destination.
The course is semi-intensive, and is available at all levels from Elementary to Advanced, with classes made up of different levels. The focus is on the four main aspects of language: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
Want to learn as fast as possible? Pack more training and support into your English program.
Intensive English courses offer you the maximum classroom time each week, with extra lessons focusing on specific skills such as Business English, Academic English, Literature or TOEFL ®/IELTS preparation. You can study for as little as one week or as much as a year, and start at any level.
But don’t forget – at Kaplan, exploration and adventure are part of the learning process, so you’ll still have opportunities to practise your skills in the real world and enjoy your destination at the same time.
20 ENGLISH LESSONS (15 HOURS)
- English language classes cover all the key areas of language and will help you master difficult grammatical structures, fine-tune your pronunciation, read complex texts and build a large working vocabulary.
8 SPECIFIC SKILLS LESSONS (6 HOURS)
- Focus on a range of specific skills such as vocabulary, business English, or local culture.
7 K+ SESSIONS (5.25 HOURS)
- Exclusive K+ Online and K+ Online Extra materials help you reinforce progress made in class and provide instant feedback, while our teacher-led K+ Learning Clubs allow you to socialize and practice your language skills at the same time.
English Academic Year courses are nine-month English courses that aim to take you from your current level of English up to a very high level of fluency.
Immerse yourself in the English language, and spend a year studying and getting to know a new location and culture. The course is an effective way to increase your fluency, and you will be helped by exclusive and specially designed study materials.
9 months (32 weeks of tuition and 2-3 weeks break)
- 20 lessons (15 hours) of General English: focus on the four main aspects of language: reading, writing, listening, and speaking;
- 7 sessions (5.25 hours) of K+ tools, K+eXtra and K+ clubs: Self-study time with access to exclusive materials and resources along with personalized sessions for you study the areas you most need help with, including exam techniques and study group work.
All courses are Monday-Friday, with morning and afternoon classes and each lesson lasts 45 minutes.
Please note that the course starts on certain dates in 2019: 06-Jan-20, 30-Mar-20, 15-Jun-20, 20-Jul-20, 17-Aug-20, 14-Sep-20
The school must confirm the availability of your chosen accommodation.
If the selected housing is not available for your dates, the school will offer another accommodation option for you to consider.
I don't need housing
Ideal for students who want to discover local culture and learn about local customs with a friendly host family. Sharing meals with your hosts every day, you'll benefit from speaking English in a relaxed, natural environment. - Live with a local family specially chosen by us; - Enjoy breakfasts and dinners with the family; - Practice English daily in an informal situation; - Immerse yourself in a new culture. Services included: Bed linen, towels, laundry, telephone use for emergencies. Things students need to bring: Toiletries, personal items to make their room feel like home, prescription medication Homestays are 45–60 minutes of commute time to the school.
Single and Twin available. No Meals
Private rooms with efficiency kitchen and bath.
Great location near Riverside Park, Central Park and Columbia University. 20 mins to Empire and 30 mins to SoHo via Subway
24 hour concierge and security
Ideal for students who want to fully immerse themselves in the English-speaking environment, like a family atmosphere and homemade dishes. You can learn about the culture and traditions of the local population, as well as practice conversational English before and after the lessons.
- Live with your chosen local family.
- Enjoy breakfast and dinner with your family.
- Practice English daily in an informal setting.
- Immerse yourself in a new culture.
We strongly recommend you to book your flight only after your participation in a course and visa are confirmed.
1790 Broadway, New York, NY 10019, USA, New York10019
4.3 out of 5
The New Yorker residence is wonderful! There is everything you need for a comfortable stay. Laundry room, gym. The rooms are spacious and clean. Very cool! I believe that progress has been made in two weeks. I was able to easily overcome the language barrier. The teachers hold classes in a game formRead more
It's all very well! Family from Indonesia, very friendly. The mistress's husband helped to deal with the subway. The house is very clean and cozy. For breakfast we offer bananas, cereal with milk and toasters with peanut butter or nutella. Time Square, Empire and views from the 63rd floor of the schRead more
Activities at this school were at the highest level! I didn't take any tours because I was in New York for the 3rd time. We went to the bard with other students and exchanged the information, which helped in overcoming a language barrier. The course was awesome! I achieved all my goals, even thoughRead more
Pay a deposit to reserve your spot
You have three days to cancel your booking with no fees if case you change your mind.
Pay the remaining cost immediately
Full cost of the course after prepayment deduction must be paid no later than for weeks before the start of the course.School returns money in case of visa rejection.