The USA programme for 14 to 17 year olds is specifically designed to develop the skills necessary for an academic and professional future using English as an international language, challenging students to immerse themselves in American English language and culture, and fostering strong language skills to give them a voice in the world.
- Intensive English course tailored for 14 to 17 year olds.
- Language coaching exercises tailored to the interests of the age group.
- All aspects of language and communication covered.
- Fully immersive course in Boston, USA provides constant opportunities to apply language learned.
- Course fully prepares students for using English academically and professionally in the future.
The USA programme is a full time course of 17.5 hours tuition a week with an additional 5 hours of cultural workshops.
OISE tuition hours are a full 60 minutes.
Classes are divided according to the ability of students and this is reassessed each week in line with progress made. There are 3 hours of lessons each morning, with one and a half hours of tuition after the lunch break, totaling in 17.5 hours of tuition per week.
The small groups of up to eight students allows the tutor to give constant individual feedback to the student and offer maximum attention.
The lessons are designed to stimulate fluent use of English in a range of relevant contexts that will be useful to students in the coming years.
The programme is designed specifically for children aged 14 to 17 years of age, and aims prepare students for their future speaking English for academic and professional purposes.