Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Meridian School of English Portsmouth offers courses in General English, Private Tuition and Exam Preparation lessons as well as more specialised courses.
Meridian School of English Portsmouth is located on the third floor of the beautiful and historic Portsmouth Guildhall. There is lift access to the third floor if you don’t want to take the stairs.
Meridian School of English Portsmouth have brightly-furnished classrooms, Wi-Fi throughout the school and a Student Lounge for you to relax in and access the internet via computer. There’s a cafe on the ground floor of the building with a good selection of food and drink at very reasonable prices. You can also enjoy the open space of the park next to the Guildhall to relax in between your lessons.
Here are the main reasons why to choose Meridian School of English Portsmouth:
• lessons are student-centred and provide maximum practice in the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, whilst at the same time expanding vocabulary and improving pronunciation students;
• a wide range of General and intensive English courses for adults and children;
• various social events which include an orientation walk on your first day, social evenings in traditional English pubs, a chance to taste World cuisine in the popular local restaurants, listening to live music, doing karaoke, challenging your classmates at bowling, pool and skittles;
• weekly English conversation class and British culture afternoon with book discussion group, film club and seminars.
Courses aimed at enhancing your professional development by becoming a more effective teacher, coach, mentor and communicator in the English language. You can choose one of the standard courses Teaching Skills for Teachers, Collaborative Learning, Leadership and Management or there is an opportunity to organize a program ‘pick and mix’ for a group of minimum 3 people.
-Learn how to conduct a needs analysis
-Explore different classroom management styles
-Use technology to present new language
-Develop writing skills
-Review phonetics and its place in language teaching
-Examine different ways of checking student understanding
-Practise presenting new language
Minimum entry level of English is B1.
Course dates: 1st and 2nd week of each month.
Students study General English in the morning for 15 hours per week and Exam Preparation in the afternoon for 8 hours per week (23 hours in total). Students can study any of the main English language exams e.g. IELTS and The Cambridge suite (FCE, CAE, CPE). Practice exams are carried out and exam techniques explored with the full support of their teacher.
On the Exam Preparation course students will study and practise the elements required in the exam syllabus, discuss (on a 1-1 basis) student’s performance in the test, and chances in the real exam, get lots of practice with authentic exam materials and increase overall understanding of English as well as understand the exam syllabus for the Cambridge exams: First Certificate (FCE), Advanced Certificate (CAE), Certificate of Proficiency (CPE) and the IELTS general and academic certificates.
Students develop their English language through the practice of all the skills. They gain confidence building their vocabulary and improving their pronunciation and grammar by using a variety of media including lessons which are prepared based on the needs of the class. Classroom-based lessons provide opportunities for students to work individually, in pairs and in small groups. A certificate is awarded at the end of the course.
On the General English course, students will:
• learn new vocabulary;
• improve understanding of English grammar and tenses;
• develop the core language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking;
• get lots of practice by using everyday ‘functional’ English;
• learn English from qualified, experienced teachers;
• practise listening to and speaking with native English speakers;
• receive regular assessments to ensure improvement throughout the course;
• meet people from other countries and cultures;
• get a certificate showing the level of language achieved and overall ability.
I don't need housing
We strongly recommend you to book your flight only after your participation in a course and visa are confirmed.
Portsmouth Guildhall, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2AB, Portsmouth
5 из 5
That's amazing school. I really recommend it. That's so fantastic place where you can meet amazing people not only students but the teachers too. Love it. Kisses from Poland!
I was a student in 2016 with the best teacher who is Natalia! I recommend)
Teachers are very kind, they have a patience to teach us, explain the right way to say and build the sentences. We always played games and did some activities on lessons. Here we could enjoy parks, museums. I really enjoyed it!My host always talked to us, asked how was the school, the lessons, how wRead more
Pay a deposit to reserve your spot
You have three days to cancel your booking with no fees if case you change your mind.
You have until 22/07/2019 to pay the remaining balance
Full cost of the course after prepayment deduction must be paid no later than four weeks before the start of the course.