Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Learn English by the sea in Portsmouth!
Meridian School of English Portsmouth is located on the third floor of the beautiful and historic Portsmouth Guildhall. It has brightly-furnished classrooms, Wi-Fi and a Student Lounge. There’s a cafe on the ground floor and you can also enjoy the open space of the park next to the Guildhall to relax in between your lessons.
Here are the main reasons why to choose Meridian School of English Portsmouth:
• groups are small - up to 8 people, so every student gets enough attention;
• lessons are student-centred and provide maximum practice in the four skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, whilst at the same time expanding vocabulary and improving pronunciation students;
• various social events which include an orientation walk on your first day, social evenings in traditional English pubs, a chance to taste World cuisine in the popular local restaurants, listening to live music, doing karaoke, challenging your classmates at bowling, pool and skittles;
• weekly English conversation class and British culture afternoon with book discussion group, film club and seminars.
Public holidays 2020: 01.01, 10.04, 13.04, 08.05, 25.05, 31.08, 24.12 - 02.01.21.
Students develop their English language through the practice of all the skills. They gain confidence building their vocabulary and improving their pronunciation and grammar by using a variety of media including lessons which are prepared based on the needs of the class. Classroom-based lessons provide opportunities for students to work individually, in pairs and in small groups. A certificate is awarded at the end of the course.
On the General English course, students will:
• learn new vocabulary;
• improve understanding of English grammar and tenses;
• develop the core language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking;
• get lots of practice by using everyday ‘functional’ English;
• learn English from qualified, experienced teachers;
• practise listening to and speaking with native English speakers;
• receive regular assessments to ensure improvement throughout the course;
• meet people from other countries and cultures;
• get a certificate showing the level of language achieved and overall ability.
Students study General English in the morning for 15 hours per week and Exam Preparation in the afternoon for 8 hours per week (23 hours in total). Students can study any of the main English language exams e.g. IELTS and The Cambridge suite (FCE, CAE, CPE). Practice exams are carried out and exam techniques explored with the full support of their teacher.
On the Exam Preparation course students will study and practise the elements required in the exam syllabus, discuss (on a 1-1 basis) student’s performance in the test, and chances in the real exam, get lots of practice with authentic exam materials and increase overall understanding of English as well as understand the exam syllabus for the Cambridge exams: First Certificate (FCE), Advanced Certificate (CAE), Certificate of Proficiency (CPE) and the IELTS general and academic certificates.
The school must confirm the availability of your chosen accommodation.
If the selected housing is not available for your dates, the school will offer another accommodation option for you to consider.
I don't need housing
Staying in a homestay is, without doubt, the best way to further develop your English and generally learn about the British way of life.
You will stay with a local English family that is used to welcoming foreign students into their home.
Residential accommodation is close to university amenities, city centre shopping and nightlife. It is ideal for students who prefer their own space.
Each apartment includes private bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms plus shared kitchen, social facilities and WiFi.
We strongly recommend you to book your flight only after your participation in a course and visa are confirmed.
Portsmouth Guildhall, Guildhall Square, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO1 2AB, Portsmouth
4.8 out of 5
There were not bad accommodation in the residence, but a bit wet in the rooms. No one cleaned the room, we had to do it ourselves. During the entire course, there were only two events in the school. I am so pleased with the teachers and the course, I just can't explain! The first teacher was from RuRead more
That's amazing school. I really recommend it. That's so fantastic place where you can meet amazing people not only students but the teachers too. Love it. Kisses from Poland!
I was a student in 2016 with the best teacher who is Natalia! I recommend)
Pay a deposit to reserve your spot
You have three days to cancel your booking with no fees if case you change your mind.
You have until 25/01/2021 to pay the remaining balance
Full cost of the course after prepayment deduction must be paid no later than four weeks before the start of the course.School returns money in case of visa rejection.