Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
A wide range of English courses in our fantastic waterfront location in Plymouth.
Meridian School of English Plymouth offers a wide range of standard and intensive English courses for adults and young learners. These include General English course, Exam Preparation, One to One, Courses for Teachers and a Summer Residential programme.
British Council accredited Meridian School of English Plymouth for the teaching of English. Winner of the Study Travel Magazine Work Experience Provider
of the year 2012. Awarded the highest score of “Exceeds Expectations” in all 3 categories of the ISI Private Further Education inspection.
On the General English course, students will:
• Increase their ability to communicate in everyday situations in English.
• Learn new vocabulary.
• Improve understanding of English grammar and tenses.
• Get lots of practice by using everyday ‘functional’ English.
• Develop the core language skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking.
• Receive regular assessments to ensure improvement throughout the course.
• Meet people from other countries and cultures.
• Make real progress and have a lot of fun!
• Learn English from qualified, experienced teachers.
• Practise listening to and speaking with native English speakers.
• Increase ability to understand and be understood.
• Use real English in everyday situations with confidence and improve language fluency.
• Develop an individual learning plan (ILP) to match specific needs.
• Get a certificate showing the level of language achieved and overall ability.
Individuals or groups over 16 years of age who wish to improve their English for work, studies or travel. All levels of ability from A1 to C2 (CEFR scale). The programme is available for 15, 19 or 23 hours per week for any number of weeks beginning any Monday (except public holidays). Average class size is 6 students; maximum class size is 12 students. General English can be
taken in combination with other courses; for example, 15 hours of General English per week with 8 hours of Exam Preparation.
On the Exam Preparation course. students will:
• Study and practise the elements required in the exam syllabus.
• Take a ‘mock’ test using genuine material from exam papers.
• Discuss (on a 1-1 basis) student’s performance in the test, and your chances in the real exam.
• Develop and practise the techniques required in the exam.
• Provide extensive practice using exam material.
• Give every student a practice oral interview with written feedback.
• Greatly increase chances of passing the exam first time.
• Get lots of practice with authentic exam materials and increase overall understanding of English.
• Study with other students from different backgrounds to help and encourage one another.
• Understand the exam syllabus for the Cambridge exams: First Certificate (FCE), Advanced
Certificate (CAE), Certificate of Proficiency (CPE) and the IELTS general and academic certificates.
Students who want to take any of the Cambridge (FCE, CAE, CPE) or IELTS exams. It can be taken as part of the General English Plus course or the One to One course. Typical class sizes are between 6 and 8 students. Minimum level is B1. Students will have one or two hours per day of exam preparation course if taken as part of the General English course or as many hours as required if taken as a One to One course. The exam preparation course is available all year around, 4 weeks before your exam date. Starting Mondays (excluding public holidays).
The school must confirm the availability of your chosen accommodation.
If the selected housing is not available for your dates, the school will offer another accommodation option for you to consider.
I don't need housing
We strongly recommend you to book your flight only after your participation in a course and visa are confirmed.
Swarthmore Centre, Mutley Plain, Plymouth, Devon, PL4 6LF , Plymouth
5 out of 5
I had only 2 weeks to learn at this wonderful school. The school more than expected all expectations, everything was pleasant and was at the highest level. All the teachers are always close and the groups are small, I had 5 students in my class. The only drawback was that there were few students - uRead more
I would like to thank all teachers of the school for an unforgettable 2 weeks! I hope to return to school soon xxxxx
I think this school is the best simply because I've always wanted to visit England so my dream has come true. People at the school were really kind to us and I think that I've learnt loads of useful information, which I can use in the future
Pay a deposit to reserve your spot
You have three days to cancel your booking with no fees if case you change your mind.
Pay the remaining cost immediately
Full cost of the course after prepayment deduction must be paid no later than for weeks before the start of the course.School returns money in case of visa rejection.