The Advanced Learners Programme is the most rigorous OISE course designed for young people aged 14 to 17 who already have an advanced level of English and who want to be challenged to excel to the next level of fluency. The course is ideal for advanced communicators wanting to perfect their talent for English where other programmes do not deliver.
- Rigorous English tuition for the most ambitious students wanting a challenge.
- Intensive tuition on advanced grammar, vocabulary and expressions relevant to advanced situations.
- Group projects encourage interaction and confidence in language ability.
- Approach to learning fosters good study techniques preparing students for further study and the workplace.
- Fully immersive experience provides constant opportunities to apply language learned.
OISE tuition hours are a full 60 minutes.
There are 3 hours of lessons each morning, with another three hours every afternoon after the lunch break, totaling in 27 hours of intensive tuition per week.
Small groups of a maximum of eight students allows each student to receive maximum feedback and attention from the tutor to aid their progress.
Lessons focus on learning study skills, pronunciation, oral and written communication in academic and professional contexts. Tuition in class prepares students for public speaking and presentations as well as introducing them to advanced English that can be used in professional contexts.
The course lasts for 2 weeks during the summer months.
The course is aimed at students aged 14 to 17 years with an advanced level of English. The course is intended only for young people who have an advanced level of English corresponding to B2 or C1 level of the Common European Framework.
Course fees include:
• Workbook and course certificate;
• Accommodation and all meals;
• Leisure activities;
• Full day excursion;
• Arrival / departure transfer on
standard dates and times.