The LCIBS Fast Track Business Foundation provides intensive study of business field. The course will give students the depth of knowledge they’ll need to succeed in their degree, and within the professional and business environment. Built over 20 study weeks, this course develops the understanding of key business issues with an academic context that will enhance the overall experience of business orientated undergraduate programmes.
Programme Structure consists of 4 modules:
• Study skills module that provides an introduction to a range of important business and management study and skills, including time management, use of Information Technology (IT), academic researching and writing, note-taking, basic data analysis, communication, group work, presentations, and confidence with numbers; prepares and supports student to study effectively for their course;
• Business in context module that will give students a comprehensive and holistic introduction to the key elements of the business organisation, and to the main functional areas of management, together with the contexts within which the organisation operates; a foundation knowledge of the key principles and concepts on which business and management practices are based and how decisions are made; the analytical skills to be able to identify the links between the functional areas in management, organisations, management practices and the business environment;
• Contemporary Issues in Business and Management module that is aimed at students interested in improving their generic business knowledge, business communication skills and enhance commercial awareness and their employability. It helps develop an understanding of current issues in business and how they impact on organisations in practice. Students will complete a business report based on a business issue and utilise the knowledge gained;
• Students will have a special Business Project which gives the opportunity to combine investigation into an authentic business challenge with a more in-depth research report, demonstrating understanding of the application of business principles in a real-world situation.
This programme is designed to prepare international students, who have completed senior secondary education, for entry to undergraduate studies at LCIBS. If you successfully complete this program you are guaranteed placement on a suitable programme of undergraduate study at LCIBS.
- 12 years of schooling or the local equivalent to meet the same standard
- additional country specific entry requirements are outlined separately – please find the file above in "Useful documents" spot;
- IELTS 5.5 (with no single element below 5.0).