The LCIBS Fast Track Business Foundation provides intensive study of business in context, study skills, and a contemporary issues in business. The course will give students the depth of knowledge they’ll need to succeed in their degree, and within the professional and business environment. Built over 20 study weeks, this course develops the understanding of key business issues with an academic context that will enhance the overall experience of business orientated undergraduate programmes.
The objective of this module is to:
- Provide an introduction to a range of important business and management study and skills, including time management, use of Information Technology (IT), academic researching and writing, note-taking, basic data analysis, communication, group work, presentations, and confidence with numbers.
- Prepare and support students to study effectively for their course and produce coursework assessments that meet with relevant standards. The general themes introduced will be transferable, but students will be encouraged to focus the application of these skills to the subject area of business and management.
Business in context
This module has three main aims directly relating to the major themes that will be emphasised throughout.
The module aims to give students:
- A comprehensive and holistic introduction to the key elements of the business organisation, and to the main functional areas of management, together with the contexts within which the organisation operates.
- A foundation knowledge of the key principles and concepts on which business and management practices are based and how decisions are made.
- The analytical skills to be able to identify the links between the functional areas in management, organisations, management practices and the business environment. Students will also be given opportunities to develop the skills necessary to study effectively at LCIBS including decision making, problem solving, challenging assumptions and quantifying and managing information.
Contemporary Issues in Business and Management
The module is aimed at students interested in improving their generic business knowledge. It helps develop an understanding of current issues in business and how they impact on organisations in practice.
The module also aims to improve business communication skills and enhance commercial awareness and student employability. You complete a business report based on a business issue and utilise the knowledge gained to demonstrate commercial awareness and improved employability.
The aim of the Business Project is to give students the opportunity to combine investigation into an authentic business challenge with a more in-depth research report, demonstrating understanding of the application of business principles in a real-world situation.
By the end of the module students will be:
- Equipped with the skills required for the development, preparation, investigation and presentation of their business project and other research projects.
- Enabled to further develop independent learning skills and demonstrate their capacity for sustained individual effort and ability to analyse, synthesise and evaluate the data pertinent to the chosen research topic.
This Fast Track Business Foundation programme at LCIBS is designed to prepare international students, who have completed senior secondary education, for entry to undergraduate studies at LCIBS. If you successfully complete the FTBF you are guaranteed placement on a suitable programme of undergraduate study at LCIBS.
12 years of schooling or the local equivalent to meet the same standard
Additional country specific entry requirements are outlined separately – please download here.
English language requirements:
IELTS 5.5 (with no single element below 5.0)