A summer program is designed to provide a solid foundation in the basic skills of English through conventional learning methods and activities, as well as through movement, pictures, stories, songs, games and their surroundings.
The language course includes:
- 15 hours of General English language tuition per week;
- oral and written placement test to select class level and provide an initial assessment of the Trinity GESE;
- Trinity College London Graded Exam in Spoken English (GESE) for students residing in the school at least 2 weeks (for successful candidates the Trinity GESE certificate will be sent approximately 8 weeks after departure);
- student placement and syllabuses based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages;
- all learning materials, notebook, folder and souvenir Activity Book;
- end-of-course certificate awarded upon completion of the course;
- morning and afternoon teaching timetable operates in peak weeks. Students alternate weekly between morning classes and afternoon classes.
Also, Target English International Hull offers a lot of activities:
- daytime activities on campus consisting of a mix of sports, activities and games, local visits and excursions;
- all entrance fees and travel costs as required for the programme included;
- evening activities including discos, talent shows, karaokes and 3 full day excursions, 2 half day excursions & 4 local visits per 2 weeks;
- weekly optional 90-minute Drama workshop with specialist drama facilitator;
- daytime activities between 09:00-12:30 or 14:00-17:30. Evening activities between 19.30 – 22.00. Exact times may vary depending on the campus.