This course will enable you to quickly improve your English language skills and help you reach your goals. You will gain confidence and fluency in the language whether for leisure, further studies, or business. We teach practical real-life English for real-life situations.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for elementary to advanced level students aged 16 and above. At the start of your course you will be placed in a class, according to your level. You can join the course at any time during term time* and study for the length of time you need.
You will develop English skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening
Your confidence in the language will improve
Your career prospects will be enhanced by achieving a level of English required for international business
You could progress to an academic English language course such as English for Academic Purposes, or an exam focused programme, for example FCE, CAE, or IELTS, to receive an internationally recognised qualification
How we teach
At BLC, we teach English in a communicative way. This means that you will learn English in an active and engaging environment, with plenty of opportunities for you to practice what you are learning. Our teachers are well qualified and experienced, and will give you all the support you need to improve your English.
We use a range of authentic material such as music, video, newspapers, radio and the internet, to help you understand and use real English. You will learn with students from all over the world, which means you will learn about other cultures, and at the same time, you will have to speak English with your classmates.
- Access to our online learning environment BLC Anytime As soon as your booking is confirmed, we will send you a login for BLC Anytime, which you can use before, during and for 3 months after you finish your course. Through BLC Anytime you will have an individual study plan, access to a vast range of online learning resources and much more.
- Access to our BLConTEXT service. While you are studying at BLC, we will send you a daily SMS text message to help your English language learning with links to videos, websites and photos.
- Conversation club. You are welcome to join our conversation club on Monday afternoons and make the most of the opportunity to practice speaking English with a qualified teacher and students of other levels.
- Access to BLC’s Social Programme. We offer activities and excursions after classes, in the evening and at weekends. Join other BLC students and our dedicated BLC Social Programme Leader for a night out, cultural activities or a trip to another UK cities other cities on Saturdays. (Many of these activities are free with an additional costs for things such as meals, cinema entry or train tickets. For full details see this months’ programme.
- Personal attention with an individual study plan and a dedicated tutor.