Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Tourists visit Thailand every year for leisure, cultural experiences and for enjoying its nature.
The Idex programs in Thailand continue to follow our ethos of “Travel that Matters” and provide an opportunity to the travellers to have a safe, enjoyable experience that leaves them more developed than they were before the start of a trip. The way this program is designed, and delivered, leaves the travellers as well as the local communities enriched with each other’s presence.
The volunteers in the Thailand Volunteer program can make a significant contribution to people of Thailand through their energetic involvement. The people in the Thai community return this contribution of the volunteers by opening their lives, institutions and hearts to international volunteers which eventually leads to the growth, development and maturing of the volunteers.
All this is managed through the well tested and established processes of Idex to ensure that the interactions and activities are responsible towards benefit of local communities, volunteers and local institutions.
Idex has been offering volunteer and travel experiences to international volunteers for over a decade in India & Nepal. Building on our diverse experience, having provided placements, travels and learning opportunities for many volunteers since the start of the programs, we have now taken our successful approach and extended it to another appealing and thrilling destination: Thailand.
Chiang Mai literally means “new city” and has retained the name despite celebrating its 700th anniversary in 1996.
Chiang Mai is one of the few places in Thailand where it is possible to experience both historical and modern Thai culture coexisting side by side: the city features centuries-old pagodas and temples next to modern convenience stores and boutique hotels.
The following services are offered as part of the overall experience in the program. The schedule of some activities may change due to local exigencies. Additional services are available on the Volunteer + travel program.
1. Airport arrival pickup, within the prescribed window from 10 AM on Day 1 of the program until 6 AM on Day 2 of the program.
2. Overnight accommodation post arrival pick up.
3. Accommodation throughout the program at an IDEX accommodation facility with upto 4 participants per room with same gender and en-suite facilities.
4. A thorough orientation up arrival on various matters related to information about the program as well as about volunteering.
5. 3 meals per day as per local cuisine (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the entire duration of the program. For exact meal plan, please refer to the day to day meal plan.
6. Cultural workshops and activities during the first 2 weeks of the program ( subject to schedule changes) on
a. Local cooking demonstration.
b. Evening dinner and interaction with a local family.
7. Presence of a dedicated program coordinator at accommodation to support, resolve issues and help with regular enquiries.
8. Presence and support on site by an English speaking translator and helper to ensure that work can be carried out effectively by the volunteers on a daily basis.
9. Every day transportation from accommodation to project and back.
10. Best available internet facility in the area, free of cost.
11. Extensive pre-departure information, post-arrival printed material, regular training and support by IDEX for preparing the participants for their experience.
Additional services for Volunteer and Travel program participants:
1. 1 night, 2 days excursion to Chiang Rai.
2. Day trips to Lampang and WatPhra (1 each).
1. Any air fares.
2. Visa fee.
3. Travel Insurance.
5. Meals not mentioned in the sample itinerary.
Daily caring for and help with Basic English of children from underprivileged communities is one of the most satisfying and accessible of volunteering activities. The overall purpose of these projects is to provide a higher standard of care to infant's children in different public and privately-run facilities by providing hands-on support on a day to day basis.
Volunteering activities on these projects include one or more of activities similar to the following:
• Preparing meals for and feeding children
• Helping children with bathing, homework etc.
• Other activities as may be needed by the institution/facility such as motor skills and preparation for early education, education on health, hygienic etc.
Volunteers engaged in teaching activities make a direct and long term contribution to the development of students for building their confidence, academic performance and future prospects.
You work mostly in pairs as teachers or teaching assistants for one or more of the following kind of activities based on the curriculum and academic plans for the educational facility or project:
• Teaching English, Math, Computers / IT and creative subjects.
• Music Lessons and practice.
• Sports instructions and activities.
• Helping with homework
• Supporting teachers with lesson planning or preparations
• Additional classes to students requiring individual attention
• Development of teaching learning material for joyful learning and activity-based learning.
The project activities of the volunteers are designed in such a way that there is no need for previous teaching experience to participate in a teaching project. Teaching material, everyday lesson/activity planning and day to day support are provided for making the most impact in your time at the project.
Specific conditions for this type of project activities -
• Formal education or past experience related to the type of project: Not required.
• Language Proficiency: Basic English
• Open to which gender of volunteers: Male and Female
• A criminal Background check is mandatory for volunteers to ensure well being of children at the project.
The school must confirm the availability of your chosen accommodation.
If the selected housing is not available for your dates, the school will offer another accommodation option for you to consider.
You have to book accommodation with the course you have selected
The accommodation is located in Jed Yod area. While surrounded by many restaraunts, mart and hotels, the site is a silent area. The location is well connected to the main city.
- washing machine
- living area
- dining area
- Wi Fi
We strongly recommend you to book your flight only after your participation in a course and visa are confirmed.
Chiang Mai, Thailand., Chiang Mai///
4.9 out of 5
First of all I want to say thank you to Idex and Linguatrip for this marvelous adventure! I would not thoughts that I love children so much! I participated in Teaching English in school. I got there when there were exams, so the first days I took part in Child Care & Teching English Kindergarden. IRead more
I had so much fun on this trip! The staff was very informative, friendly, and helpful to us. This trip is perfect for first time travelers, because you'll have so many memories! I absolutely recommend this program to everyone :)
This volunteering program is a whole new experience to me. The staff at the camp took very good care of us during our stay. They were really helpful and nice, and I made great friendships with them. We had weekly meetings to discuss how was everything going with our projects. The food was local andRead more
Pay a deposit to reserve your spot
You have three days to cancel your booking with no fees if case you change your mind.
You have until 20/01/2020 to pay the remaining balance
Full cost of the course after prepayment deduction must be paid no later than four weeks before the start of the course.