Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
International House Bangkok is a major centre of English language teaching in Thailand.
What makes International House Bangkok special?
- That we are centrally located in downtown Bangkok and close to the BTS Skytrain and MRT, making getting to us quick and easy?
- That we are externally assessed every two years to ensure that International House’s reputation for quality is always guaranteed?
- That we are truly international, with students from many nationalities and backgrounds benefitting from our expertise?
Whilst this is all true, what really makes us special is:
- The quality of our teacher training, with the International House Worldwide - - Organisation training 3,000 of the 10,000 CELTA trainees every year.
- The quality of our teachers. After all, we train the best and so, employ the best of them.
- That with teacher trainers always available, our teachers never stop learning, meaning that neither do you.
Our main Thailand school is located in the lively surroundings of Sukhumvit road in the heart of Bangkok. There are many restaurants, bars, and malls all within walking distance. As soon as you exit our building, you are in the middle of one of the most exciting cities in the world. We are only a 4 minute walk from the BTS Skytrain and an 8 minute walk from the MRT underground.
Bangkok is unlike anywhere on earth! Take a canal boat through the sleepy sprawl on the west bank of the river and you’ll still find poignant reminders of the vanished “Venice of the East”. Take a sincere interest in the people and you’ll find that most Thais are gentle, considerate, humorous and inexhaustibly patient. You will soon find yourself joining the many who have already fallen for Bangkok’s attractions.
There can be few cities of its size where you can feel so safe: for a city of at least 10 million people, street crime is still extraordinarily rare.
In Bangkok, eating well is an obsession and it’s no exaggeration to say there are restaurants on every corner and they are cheap to eat at. Nightlife in Bangkok starts late and finishes later. There are bars and clubs to suit every taste from tango to techno, trampling over jazz, blues, dance and heavy metal. Bangkokians are also movie-crazy! There are 50 cinema screens within a 5 minute BTS ride of our office!
Apart from dancing, there are other ways to use your energy: swimming pools, sports and fitness centres, an ice rink, and the opportunity to practise martial arts. However, shopping is the national pastime. There are countless palatial shopping malls to tempt the fashion-conscious and several huge markets for those in search of atmosphere and bargains.
General English 15 course consists of 15 hours of tuition per week. Classes are held from 09:00 to 12:15, Monday to Friday, with a 15 minute break taken at 11:00. Classes have a maximum of 12 students (average 6-8). General English 15 Course is offered at 4 levels. Students may start this course on any Monday throughout the year (except public holidays). Students receive balanced practice in developing speaking, understanding, vocabulary, reading, writing, grammar, pronunciation, fluency and confidence.
General English 25 course consists of 25 hours of lessons per week. Classes are held from 09:00 to 12:15 and from 13:00 to 15:00, Monday to Friday, with a 15 minute break taken at 11:00 and a lunch break from 12:15 to 13:00. Classes have a maximum of 12 students (average 6-8). The General English 25 course is offered at 4 levels. Students may start this course on any Monday throughout the year (except public holidays). Students receive balanced practice in developing speaking, understanding, vocabulary, reading, writing, grammar, pronunciation, fluency and confidence.
This course consists of 25 hours of lessons per week comprising of General English 15 plus 2 hours of afternoon lessons from Monday to Friday focusing on business English. Topics include negotiating, presenting, telephone English and emailing.
Classes are held from 09:00 to 12:15 and from 13:00 to 15:00, Monday to Friday, with a 15 minute break taken at 11:00 and a lunch break from 12:15 to 13:00. Classes have a maximum of 12 students (average 6-8). Students may start this course on any Monday throughout the year (except public holidays). Students receive balanced practice in developing speaking, understanding, vocabulary, reading, writing, grammar, pronunciation, fluency and confidence.
The length of the course is 120 contact hours (6 hours a day over 20 days for the full time CELTA).
The course covers the following syllabus:
- Language Analysis and Awareness.
- The Learner, the Teacher and the Learning/Teaching Context.
- Planning for Effective Teaching.
- Classroom Management Skills.
- Teaching Procedures and Techniques.
- Resources and Materials.
- Professional Development.
- Classroom Observation.
- Teaching Practice.
For this course you must have an advanced level of English, equivalent to C1 or IELTS Band 7.
The school must confirm the availability of your chosen accommodation.
If the selected housing is not available for your dates, the school will offer another accommodation option for you to consider.
I don't need housing
VP Tower Apartment is located in the heart of Bangkok.
- VP Tower offers a prime location for successful and happy life in Bangkok.
- Situated in Soi Chawakul Rangnam Road near the Victory Monument.
- Just a few minutes by walk to Phayathai Road and Victory Monument BTS Station. With a short drive to Silom, Sukhumvi, Siam Square and Expressway.
- The admire residence is completely surrounded by financial centers hospitals, shopping centers.
- VP TOWER is a 16 storey, Serviced Apartment ranging from studio and 1-2 bedrooms. Every unit is fully funished with standard facilities.
- Swimming pool and landscape Garden is prepared for recreation.
The hotel is conveniently accessible to other places of interest in Bangkok by way of either the Asoke BTS Station (above ground) or Sukhumvit MRT Station (underground). Terminal 21, the popular travel-themed shopping mall is also directly accessible via Asoke BTS and a two-minute walk from FuramaXclusive Asoke.
110 stylishly-furbished guestrooms offer comfort with full amenities and facilities including Wifi connectivity. Select from a choice of room types - Deluxe, Premier or Suites - that cater to the travel needs of business and leisure guests.
Please note that there is a 3,000 baht deposit.
We strongly recommend you to book your flight only after your participation in a course and visa are confirmed.
9th Floor, The Trendy Office Building, Sukhumvit Soi 13, Khlongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand, Bangkok
4 out of 5
Very nice and new school. Spacious classrooms. All the teachers are native English speakers.
I highly recommend this place if you want to learn how to communicate with people in English. Moreover, here you can enjoy Bangkok life among fantastic teachers and great students.
I've been studying there for 2 months last year. I truly enjoyed it a lot. Amazing teachers! It's worth studying!
Pay a deposit to reserve your spot
You have three days to cancel your booking with no fees if case you change your mind.
Pay the remaining cost immediately
Full cost of the course after prepayment deduction must be paid no later than for weeks before the start of the course.