This one week small group intensive Business English course is for Internationals and Nederlanders who need professional English for career success. This course is for adult participants with an intermediate (or higher) level of English: CEFR B2 to C2. We will test you.
You will work with native-speaker professional trainers at a fantastic Amsterdam location: Kromme Waal 9, right by Amsterdam's historic Centraalstation and just minutes from museums such as the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum.
What is the focus?
If you are not as confident and persuasive in English as you are in your native language, this highly interactive, social course will support you in building the English communication skills you need to succeed. The course includes:
• Lots of speaking practice (with corrections)
• Discussion: agreeing and disagreeing
• Vocabulary and idiom
• Writing English emails
• English presentations
• Pronunciation correction
• Grammar for business review
• Diplomatic Language
• Readings from the Harvard Business Review, Economist and New York Times
This Business English Course is right for you if you sometimes...
• Get confused in complex Business English conversations
• Get tired when you have to speak English a lot
• Cannot find the words you are looking for
• Feel nervous when you are in an English business meeting
• Let other people lead the conversation
• Translate everything in your head
• Worry that you will have to make small talk
• Aren't sure about if you are being too direct – or too passive!
• Have to edit your English emails a lot to get them right
• Think that your vocabulary and idiom is limited
• In general, you feel frustrated that you cannot be your best in English!
What will you take away from this Business English course?
• More self-confidence
• Better pronunciation
• Better performance in meetings and presentations
• Greater ease of speaking (less tiredness)
• More accurate grammar
• Better “powers of persuasion”
• Improved social business English (small talk)
• Less mental translation
• Faster, clearer and more accurate emails with less Google translation
• Better use of register – formality, directness & diplomatic language
• More fluency (flow) when speaking
• Broader business English vocabulary and idiom