THE PACKAGE/ PROGRAMME INCLUDES:
• Residential: Full board accommodation in up to 8 bedded rooms
• Host Family: Full board accommodation with a carefully selected family (hot lunch in college Monday to Friday)
• Two students of same group per family
• 15 hours of English language tuition per week
• Morning lessons only
• Interactive and communicative learning materials
• Graded certificate and end of course report
• One half-day visit per week with entrance fee
• One full-day excursion by coach per week with entrance fee
• Evening programme including discos, films, karaoke and Irish night. Two discos per week for host family students.
• Four afternoons per week of integration with Irish students per week through Arts & Crafts, Cookery and sports activities.
Classes will take place in Rathdown School.
Each lesson is 90 minutes in duration and the standard two week programme for junior students in Rathdown School provides them with 30 hours of General English. Morning classes only.
Students will have two lessons per day with two different teachers. Students enjoy experiencing the teaching techniques and methods of two teachers during their course.
Lessons are delivered using the communicative approach and provide and interactive and engaging learning experience for all students. Lessons have also been developed using the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Language levels fromAI (Elementary) to Cl (Advanced).
Lessons are designed specifically for different age groups. Teachers will design lessons based on the interests of the students and each lesson will have a particular focus on communication skills. Students take regular tests in order for teachers to monitor progress and ensure students are learning during lessons.