Call back at the specified time, the call is free
Call back at the specified time, the call is free
The Idex India Volunteer Program offers for students a great opportunity to improve the world and spend time with benefit.
...then India is the destination you are looking for.
One of the reasons young people plan volunteering in India is the rare privilege of acquiring a lot of opportunities at a go because this destination is well loaded. It houses the oldest existing religion, offers diversity in language, people, climate and geography. Another aspect of the diversity comes in terms of festivals, attire, general etiquettes, religious practices, architecture and socio-economic status.
Idex offers volunteering programs with a combination of cultural activities, travel excursions and all essentials being included in a participant’s experience right from arrival in the country until departure. The following document outlays all the essential details that are required for the foundational information set up of the program.
In addition to these resources, Idex provides an extensive and growing library of video tutorials on learning about different programs, projects, concepts around volunteering and operational matters for our partners as well as our participants to learn fully about the various practical as well as conceptual aspects of being a volunteer traveler.
Locations in India:
Himachal Pradeshmeans in the lap of Himalayas. It is famous for its abundant natural beauty.Palampur (Idex location) is in District Kangra at an elevation of 4500 Ft above sea level. The area is very well known and for its beautiful tea gardens and forests of pine and deodar.
Goaattracts more travelers than any other location of India.Beautiful sandy beaches and influence of Portuguese culture makes Goa a magnet for its tourists. Young travelers specially find Goa interesting because of the vast array of activities it can offer.
Jaipuris a jewel in the Indian heritage. Being part of the Golden Triangle of tourism in India, itis one of the most visited and photographed city of the world.
Program Services included:
The following services are offered as part of the overall experience. The schedule of some activities may change due to local exigencies. Additional services are available on the Volunteer + travel program.
1. Airport arrival pickup, within the prescribed window from 10 AM on Day 1 of the program until 6 AM on Day 2 of the program.
a. for Jaipur and Himalaya – arrival pick up at Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport.
b. For Goa program – arrival pick up at Goa Dabolim International Airport.
2.Overnight accommodation post arrival pick up.
3. Accommodation throughout the program at an IDEX accommodation facility with upto4 participants per room with same gender and en-suite facilities.
4. A thorough orientation upon arrival on various matters related to information about the program as well as about volunteering.
5. 3 meals per day as per local cuisine (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the entire duration of the program. For exact meal plan, please refer to the day to day meal plan.
6. Cultural workshops and activities during the first 2 weeks of the program (subject to schedule changes) on
a. Local cooking demonstration.
b. Indian outfit and henna workshop
c. Yoga workshop (2 sessions)
d. Evening dinner and interaction with a local English speaking family
7. Presence of a dedicated program coordinator at accommodation to support, resolve issues and help with regular enquiries.
8. Presence and support on site by an English speaking translator and helper to ensure that work can be carried out effectively by the volunteers on a daily basis.
9. Every day transportation from accommodation to project and back.
10. “Best available” internet facility in the area.
11. Extensive pre-departure information, post-arrival printed material, regular training and support by IDEX for preparing the participants for their experience.
Daily caring for and help with Basic English of children from underprivileged communities is one of the most satisfying and accessible of volunteering activities. The overall purpose of these projects is to provide a higher standard of care to infant's children in different public and privately-run facilities by providing hands-on support on a day to day basis.
Volunteering activities on these projects include one or more of activities similar to the following:
• Preparing meals for and feeding children
• Helping children with bathing, homework etc.
• Other activities as may be needed by the institution/facility such as motor skills and preparation for early education, education on health, hygienic etc.
Volunteers engaged in teaching activities make a direct and long term contribution to the development of students for building their confidence, academic performance and future prospects.
You work mostly in pairs as teachers or teaching assistants for one or more of the following kind of activities based on the curriculum and academic plans for the educational facility or project:
• Teaching English, Math, Computers / IT and creative subjects.
• Music Lessons and practice.
• Sports instructions and activities.
• Helping with homework
• Supporting teachers with lesson planning or preparations
• Additional classes to students requiring individual attention
• Development of teaching learning material for joyful learning and activity-based learning.
The project activities of the volunteers are designed in such a way that there is no need for previous teaching experience to participate in a teaching project. Teaching material, everyday lesson/activity planning and day to day support are provided for making the most impact in your time at the project.
Specific conditions for this type of project activities -
• Formal education or past experience related to the type of project: Not required.
• Language Proficiency: Basic English
• Open to which gender of volunteers: Male and Female
• A criminal Background check is mandatory for volunteers to ensure well being of children at the project.
The school must confirm the availability of your chosen accommodation.
If the selected housing is not available for your dates, the school will offer another accommodation option for you to consider.
You have to book accommodation with the course you have selected
Idex volunteer house is the tourist accommodation at the heart of the city providing an easy access to nearby market, shops police station, hospitals and railway station. The entire ficility has a total of 12 rooms with AC.All the rooms have attached bathroom and weastern type toilets.
Other facilities: hot water, washing machine, WI FI, refridgerator, 2 computers.
We strongly recommend you to book your flight only after your participation in a course and visa are confirmed.
#124, Goverdhan colony, New Sanganer Road, Sodala, Jaipur, 302019, Rajasthan, India, Jaipur////
4.8 out of 5
Jaipur was a fantastic experience that I'll never forget. This is my second time at Idex, and they are totally awesome. I highly recommend volunteering with Idex if you want to have an amazing experience.
The staff was top notch and the facilities were really comfortable! Any issue you have can be solved immediately. Everyone there was very supportive. I'd like to go again!
I had the best manager! Food was delicious! Beautiful city and such a nice project with very cute kids!
Pay a deposit to reserve your spot
You have three days to cancel your booking with no fees if case you change your mind.
You have until 24/02/2020 to pay the remaining balance
Full cost of the course after prepayment deduction must be paid no later than four weeks before the start of the course.