...then India is the destination you are looking for.
One of the reasons young people plan volunteering in India is the rare privilege of acquiring a lot of opportunities at a go because this destination is well loaded. It houses the oldest existing religion, offers diversity in language, people, climate and geography. Another aspect of the diversity comes in terms of festivals, attire, general etiquettes, religious practices, architecture and socio-economic status.
Idex offers volunteering programs with a combination of cultural activities, travel excursions and all essentials being included in a participant’s experience right from arrival in the country until departure. The following document outlays all the essential details that are required for the foundational information set up of the program.
In addition to these resources, Idex provides an extensive and growing library of video tutorials on learning about different programs, projects, concepts around volunteering and operational matters for our partners as well as our participants to learn fully about the various practical as well as conceptual aspects of being a volunteer traveler.
Locations in India:
Himachal Pradeshmeans in the lap of Himalayas. It is famous for its abundant natural beauty.Palampur (Idex location) is in District Kangra at an elevation of 4500 Ft above sea level. The area is very well known and for its beautiful tea gardens and forests of pine and deodar.
Goaattracts more travelers than any other location of India.Beautiful sandy beaches and influence of Portuguese culture makes Goa a magnet for its tourists. Young travelers specially find Goa interesting because of the vast array of activities it can offer.
Jaipuris a jewel in the Indian heritage. Being part of the Golden Triangle of tourism in India, itis one of the most visited and photographed city of the world.
Program Services included:
The following services are offered as part of the overall experience. The schedule of some activities may change due to local exigencies. Additional services are available on the Volunteer + travel program.
1. Airport arrival pickup, within the prescribed window from 10 AM on Day 1 of the program until 6 AM on Day 2 of the program.
a. for Jaipur and Himalaya – arrival pick up at Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport.
b. For Goa program – arrival pick up at Goa Dabolim International Airport.
2.Overnight accommodation post arrival pick up.
3. Accommodation throughout the program at an IDEX accommodation facility with upto4 participants per room with same gender and en-suite facilities.
4. A thorough orientation upon arrival on various matters related to information about the program as well as about volunteering.
5. 3 meals per day as per local cuisine (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the entire duration of the program. For exact meal plan, please refer to the day to day meal plan.
6. Cultural workshops and activities during the first 2 weeks of the program (subject to schedule changes) on
a. Local cooking demonstration.
b. Indian outfit and henna workshop
c. Yoga workshop (2 sessions)
d. Evening dinner and interaction with a local English speaking family
7. Presence of a dedicated program coordinator at accommodation to support, resolve issues and help with regular enquiries.
8. Presence and support on site by an English speaking translator and helper to ensure that work can be carried out effectively by the volunteers on a daily basis.
9. Every day transportation from accommodation to project and back.
10. “Best available” internet facility in the area.
11. Extensive pre-departure information, post-arrival printed material, regular training and support by IDEX for preparing the participants for their experience.